Tool - 10,000 Days CD (album) cover

Tool

Experimental/Post Metal

Rune2000
Prog Metal Team
4 stars After a long five year wait, which felt like forever, I finally got what I've been waiting for, namely another great Tool album!

I bought the album the first day it was released and was once again met with an intricate album design which featured build-in stereoscopic eyeglasses. The glasses were there to be able to view the album's inside artwork which was a nice little bonus although now it's kind of in the way since the album can't fit into a regular CD-case. Now that we've got that out of the way let's talk about the album!

Tool has always been pushing forward with every new release and 10,000 Days is no exception since it's anything but just another Tool-album. This time it's the two Wings-tracks that add a new dimension to the band's already well established sound and they are the definite highlights of this album.

One thing that has become somewhat of a must on a Tool release are the interludes or what most of us call filler tracks. Those tracks haven't really worked for me since Ænima and this album's fillers really bore me which brings down the overall experience of this great release.

Still 10,000 Days is anything but a bad album since it held up quite well over the past few years. If anything, this record has so far received a lot more time in my CD-player than Lateralus and I still enjoy listening to it from time to time!

***** star songs: Vicarious (7:08) Wings For Marie (Pt 1) (6:13) 10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2) (11:15)

**** star songs: Jambi (7:30) The Pot (6:24) Rosetta Stoned (11:13) Right In Two (8:57)

*** star songs: Lipan Conjuring (1:13) Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann) (3:48) Intension (7:23) Viginti Tres (5:02)

Rune2000 | 4/5 |