Pavlov's Dog - Third CD (album) cover

THIRD

Pavlov's Dog

Rune2000
Prog Metal Team
2 stars After reading the terrible reviews for At The Sound Of The Bell and then purchasing the record and discovering a very pleasant album, I was convinced that the negative publicity that Third has received must have been false as well. But after searching for this album everywhere I gave it up since this release was nowhere to be found. That is of course until one day I wound up at a so called record fair where I just so happen to walk by one of the music stands where they just so happened to have this album on display for mere $10! Needless to say, I bought it right on the spot.

Once I got back home and pressed play on my CD-player I was introduced to a rather unfamiliar sound. Trafalgar started off with a discotheque type of beat and it wasn't until hearing David Surkamp's voice that I recognized that it was in fact a Pavlov's Dog record I was listening to!

I honestly had a hard time listening to this release since I couldn't believe that it was the same band that released the previous two albums. Too bad they didn't record the song Suicide for their second album since it's definitely the only real glimpse of light that this record has to offer. Still there aren't any really hideous tracks so I could probably listen to this CD later in the future when I do my next Pavlov's Dog retrospective.

***** star songs: Suicide (2:01)

**** star songs: Trafalgar (3:08) I Love You Still (4:02) Jenny (4:05)

*** star songs: It's All For You (3:47) While You Were Out (2:33) Only You (4:28) Today I Feel (3:03) Falling In Love (3:21) Painted Ladies (3:18)

Rune2000 | 2/5 |