THIRD

Good, but non-essential

Buy PAVLOV'S DOG Music
Studio Album, released in 1977

1. Trafalgar (3:08)
2. I Love You Still (4:02)
3. Jenny (4:05)
4. It's All for You (3:47)
5. Suicide (2:01)
6. While You Were Out (2:33)
7. Only You (4:28)
8. Today I Feel (3:03)
9. Painted Ladies (3:18)
10. Falling in Love (3:21)

Search PAVLOV'S DOG Third lyrics

- Thomas Nickeson / keyboards, guitars, harmonies
- Steve Scorfina / lead and rhythm guitar
- Kirk Sarkisian / drums

Re-released as an import CD by: TRC Records (Germany) - 1994

PAVLOV'S DOG MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PAVLOV'S DOG Third Music

More places to buy PAVLOV'S DOG music online Buy PAVLOV'S DOG & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PAVLOV'S DOG DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PAVLOV'S DOG Third ratings distribution

PAVLOV'S DOG Third reviews

Review by hdfisch
1 stars Actually PAVLOV's DOG's "Third" is the type of album one listens once and then forget it quite fast. It does not have anything to offer for keeping in memory. It might be good for impressing your girlfriend how romantic your musical taste is, assumed she is the type not knowing much about music. Most of the tracks are pop-ish lovesongs, some of them admittedly really beautiful but not exciting for any serious prog listener. There are only 3 songs worth to mention at all, "Trafalgar", "Suicide" and "While You Were Out". If this is enough for you and you like shallow stuff in the vein of GEORGE HARRISON's or PAUL MCCARTNEY 's later material you can go for it. But for me it'd be a complete waste of money honestly. More than 1 star would be too much for this one!

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#30740) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 10, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars From a great and creative band in 1975, "Pavlov's Dog" turned into an anonymous group of buddies playing standard music. Weird destiny...In just two years time.

Actually, this album is not that bad but the incredible sounds and melodies available in their fantastic "Pampered Menial" have just disappeared. "Trafalgar" has a similar beat as "Another One Bites The Dust" (released in 1980) but the overall mood is AOR while "I Love You Still" sounds as a poor Springsteen number.

The bottom is reached with "Jenny". An insipid rock ballad. Real bad. I tell you. The mellowish and syrupous "It's All For You" won't do much to raise the quality of this album. I agree with a fellow reviewer when he compares this one with some Harrison work. But Harrison will remain Harrison in my heart (I hope you are following me). What we have here, is sub, sub-par Harrison's work.

Some pleasant songs as "Suicide" and the instrumental "While You Were Out" are welcome but both are very short. A true "Pavlov's Dog" song finally ! "Only You" reminds the great debut ("Julia"). Catchy melody, great vocals and good instrumental part. The one and only highlight. The next pair of songs are also pleasant but not more.

On the behalf of "Pavlov's Dog", one needs to acknowledge that several members have left but four out of seven from their debut are still in the band (of which their leader). This could have been sufficient to produce a better record.

Two stars thanks to the good sequence of songs towards the end of the album (but the closing number is very weak again).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#132870) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 12, 2007

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars After reading the terrible reviews for At The Sound Of The Bell and then purchasing the record and discovering a very pleasant album, I was convinced that the negative publicity that Third has received must have been false as well. But after searching for this album everywhere I gave it up since this release was nowhere to be found. That is of course until one day I wound up at a so called record fair where I just so happen to walk by one of the music stands where they just so happened to have this album on display for mere $10! Needless to say, I bought it right on the spot.

Once I got back home and pressed play on my CD-player I was introduced to a rather unfamiliar sound. Trafalgar started off with a discotheque type of beat and it wasn't until hearing David Surkamp's voice that I recognized that it was in fact a Pavlov's Dog record I was listening to!

I honestly had a hard time listening to this release since I couldn't believe that it was the same band that released the previous two albums. Too bad they didn't record the song Suicide for their second album since it's definitely the only real glimpse of light that this record has to offer. Still there aren't any really hideous tracks so I could probably listen to this CD later in the future when I do my next Pavlov's Dog retrospective.

***** star songs: Suicide (2:01)

**** star songs: Trafalgar (3:08) I Love You Still (4:02) Jenny (4:05)

*** star songs: It's All For You (3:47) While You Were Out (2:33) Only You (4:28) Today I Feel (3:03) Falling In Love (3:21) Painted Ladies (3:18)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#258484) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 30, 2009

5 stars To my opinion (after 25 years listening rock-hard rock- progressive-art) the third PAVLOV'S DOG album is a very very underestimated album.. Better than the first and lot better than the second one.... It's art-progressive rock in it's best ( and of course nothing to do with popish elements..). ... (read more)

Report this review (#103581) | Posted by | Tuesday, December 19, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This is the first album I've heard of this band and I really love it. I could listen and listen this album. Vocalist has great voice and the songs are full of energy and has good music compositions. I recommend this album to everyone who likes art-rock (or in this case i should say: soft and melo ... (read more)

Report this review (#36709) | Posted by | Thursday, June 16, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars To my opinion, is very much unfair that this album has not taken the publicity of the two first ones. A very underestimated album.... It spreads all the flavor of the good Pavlov's Dog music. It's melodies are more mature..... A must have for every fun of this great group and a very good choic ... (read more)

Report this review (#30739) | Posted by dim_62 | Tuesday, February 01, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PAVLOV'S DOG "Third"