Queensr˙che - Operation: Mindcrime CD (album) cover

OPERATION: MINDCRIME

Queensr˙che

Evolver
Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
3 stars While this is a very entertaining album, with a cool concept and nice audio artistry in the mostly spoken segues between the songs, I find that it hardly rates as a prog album. Musically, while tolerable to my ears, it sounds like a mixture of styles somewhere between metal and nineteen eighties arena rock.

I've tried to appreciate this album as prog, but it just doesn't make the cut. But again, as a metal concept album, this would probaby rate four or five stars. But since we are grading for prog here, the best I can give this one is three stars.

Evolver | 3/5 |