The Enid - Aerie Faerie Nonsense CD (album) cover

AERIE FAERIE NONSENSE

The Enid

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
5 stars The Enid, this album is big (and shiny) example of love/hate opinions. Let me fore-shadow (I mean state) that I'm on of these "in love" guys (and girls). Because for me, this album is top of symphonic prog in its true meaning. Not having nice melody and complex arrangement, but more like classical music. Connection of this genre and rock has always been there since let's say early 70's (more like earlier, but mainstreamly, if this word can be used, it was not until 1970), but always more on the side of rock. Not that it's bad, it mostly worked, but some bands wanted to try other side too. For example "Beggars Opera". And The Enid always been on classical side. To everyone's pleasure (from collabs reviews, it seems more like "for everyone / (divided) by 2" [or multiplied by 1/2, the choice is yours]. I'll not deny that I love this music and am absolutely charmed by its beauty, orchestral feeling (I like classical music, most of its periods, centuries, styles). Because it's not classical music anymore, it's another level. It's not like nowadays, when you have pop with latin influences, this is far better and more complex combination. My two favourite styles together, helping each other to be better. More interesting, yet, as this genre/style allows, being absolutely melodic. It's symphony after all.

5(+), record without a flaw. Go on, find one, I wasn't able to. And that I'm talking about remastered version, so 70 minutes of this music. Symphonic paradise, really, Eden.

Marty McFly | 5/5 |