Saga - Images At Twilight CD (album) cover

Prog Metal Team
3 stars After not being impressed by the live album In Transit I thought that I'll never listen to Saga again. But after hearing the amazing cover of Mouse In A Maze by A.C.T from the Special Edition version of their album Imaginary Friends and hearing the band talk about Saga as one of their biggest inspirations I finally decided to give Saga another go. After all, my previous choice of an introduction album might have not seemed all that fair.

The choice of Images At Twilight felt quite obvious since it featured Mouse In A Maze and You're Not Alone, one of the few tracks that I actually liked from In Transit. But would this be enough to convert me into the realms of Saga fandom?

This time around I found the music a bit more enjoyable, but this is still far from what I would consider being one solid recording. There isn't much prog here and the stuff that can be considered semi-progressive sounds too commercial and mainstream to keep progressive fans entertained. Still I can't really say that I didn't enjoy myself while listening to this music therefore it's only fair to give it the good, but non-essential rating.

**** star songs: It's Time (Chapter Three) (4:04) You're Not Alone (5:26) Images (Chapter One) (6:29) Mouse In A Maze (5:43)

*** star songs: See Them Smile (3:24) Slow Motion (3:53)Take It Or Leave It (4:00) Hot To Cold (4:58)

Rune2000 | 3/5 |