Anthony Phillips - Private Parts & Pieces X: Soirée CD (album) cover

Anthony Phillips

3 stars This album is certainly better than Ivory Moon, but it's not one of Mr. AP's best productions. The songs sound a bit too similar to me. Ant has produced some of the finest piano playing captured on oxide. Unfortunately, none of it is condensed on a single CD, it's scattered throughout his long and fertile career. There is one 5-star song on this album. The opening track "Sad Ballerina" is one of his all-time best. Evocative, gentile, and as the title suggests - sad. I cannot give Ant 2 stars for anything. However, since they dont have a 2 and 3/4 star selection, I'm going to have round it up to 3!
| 3/5 |