Anthony Phillips - The Meadows of Englewood CD (album) cover

Anthony Phillips

4 stars I found this album hard to get into at first. Two guys in a studio with guitars and keyboards and (at times) a multi-track mixer! I thought the title track was just a meandering free-for- all jam session. So I put this album down for a couple of years. Then I listened to it again! The catepillar became a butterfly!!! The title track is BEAUTIFUL - all 36:55 of it. This is PROG music. The only other track I really care about is "She'll be waiting". Another meloncholic love song from the man with the perpetually broken heart. But, oh what a pretty song. If this album just had these two songs, it'd be a 5/5 opus! Thank you Ant.
| 4/5 |