Genesis - A Trick of the Tail CD (album) cover

A TRICK OF THE TAIL

Genesis

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars You better start doing it alright. Indeed, they just started, however, without Gabriel (who knows after all, whose fault it was, all we know is what they told us). So this is album of great expectations, both positive and negative ones, everyone wanted to know, how it will sound like without him. For prog's sake, Collins sounds exactly like Gabriel, I didn't notice any change here, which is of course sinister. Dance on a Volcano is great "first after" song, one of these A-class ones. Almost romantic melodies, that's my impression about most of songs here. Problem with writing reviews on this Genesis period is that most of elements in their music are the same. Still new and original, finding new way how to do these sounds, but you simply can recognize that it's Gen. At least till "Wind"

4(+), end is pleasant (reprise) type of song. Like a knight, who stops traveling, turns around and overlooks his album and say: "We have done it, it's good and we can get away with it."

Marty McFly | 4/5 |