Alas - Alas  CD (album) cover

ALAS

Alas

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
3 stars I know this record for some time, as I've had difficult relationship with it. Love/Hate to be correct. Let's call it jazz psychedelia (derived from word psycho, translated as "crazy"). For example end of second track. For example. All most of this record too. As long as I like this little bit experimental, add improvisation-like jamming and give it flavour of symphonic side, it's sometimes hard to understand, almost impossible to like. Last two tracks provides this much needed balance between our desire to explore new realms, but also back us up with homeland, well known structures, so we're not lost in hazy jungle of hydra-beast prog finding of ourselves. Or something like that.

3(+), but this was clear since first seconds of first track. It's good that they're treating us with original sounds, but sometimes, it's too much and they're pushing limits too far. Sometimes I think that four minus would be more fair.

Marty McFly | 3/5 |