Talisma - Quelque Part CD (album) cover

4 stars "Quelque Part" is Talisma's third album. Created in 2000, Talisma is a Canadian instrumental progressive rock trio? But don't think of Rush since they come from Montreal and they have a very different style! They released two albums before, "Corpus" in 2003 and "Chromium" in 2005. I'm afraid I was not very keen on those discs because of this style precisely, I mean fusion. So I was very surprised by this new one. We leave the jazz/fusion beaches for somewhere ('quelque part'), for a more symphonic shore, blown away by a Visible Wind, yes this Canadian prog rock legend. A proud ship conducted by a Crimson King. The result is gorgeous : listen to 'L'Aube' for instance. Brilliant melodic and inventive prog. Inventive but not demonstrative. A short instrumental and ambitious album in a terrific production (forget the booklet). So go and get this CD before it becomes a collector.
Thierry | 4/5 |