Nightwish - Made In Hong Kong (And In Various Other Places)  CD (album) cover

MADE IN HONG KONG (AND IN VARIOUS OTHER PLACES)

Nightwish

snobb
2 stars Live album with new vocalist Anette Olzon Blyckert . Whenever this band always was a controversial addition to progressive metal, after Tarja Turunen left, things became even less attractive.

This album is excellent illustration what is melodic Scandinavian pop-metal. Simple structure pop-metal songs with female vocals, chorus and some pseudo-symphonic arrangements.

It doesn't means, that this album is too different from previous. Just all this heavy-metal circus is much better notable during live shows. So, there you can hear some songs (for which a few different melodies and song structures are used), few musical tricks to make show going and ... it is it.

I remember in my teens I was disappointed by Kiss live recording, whenever even my inexperienced ears easily noticed all this mistakes in music played and singing. So many years gone, so modern rock-circus could be a bit more polished. Welcome to Nightwish show - rock circus for middle class teens.

snobb | 2/5 |