Opeth - Ghost Reveries CD (album) cover

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

1 stars I have to admit that this specific kind of grawling vocals sounds like a joke for the first 10 seconds to my ears. After that they become unbearable and make me wonder how come a dexterous musician came out with this idea of "singing" in the first place. I was thinking of somehow, separating the music from the vocals and giving the average of two different ratings but, I decided to take what my ears receive as a whole. I trully respect the vertict of the prog friends that gave high ratings to this album, but I cannot enjoy or focus on the music of this album when something so annoying is going on at the same time.
Astryos | 1/5 |