Various Artists (Concept albums & Themed compilations) - Odyssey - The Greatest Tale CD (album) cover

ODYSSEY - THE GREATEST TALE

Various Artists (Concept albums & Themed compilations)

Various Genres

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars We can just admire someone who's able to write something. Each "track" has its own mood, each tells part of this great story (personally, I admire/like/love/adore/worship (maybe) Ancient Greek history a lot (currently have Ancient Greece (first millennium before Christ). Difference makes each band, because for example you have different experience from Glass Hammer and Nathan Mahl. Personally, I don't know how is this connected with certain parts of Odyssey. And if you know "Tardigrade" by Simon Says, you'll feel like at home when listening to their contribution here. Not exactly Tardigrade, but quite close in style and feeling. After all, it's the band I know the best from these selected on this release.

4(+), prepare to taste very long album, maybe too long for you. You'll feel (maybe) that it's too big for human to understand it, to grasp its features, but believe me, it is possible, even not for everyone (as my case illustrates, when I reached the end of this album, I didn't remember what was in the beginning, but am I to blame ?). Even it's hard album, not in terms of prog difficulty, but in terms of length, it is a good album.

Marty McFly | 4/5 |