Genesis - Genesis in Concert CD (album) cover

GENESIS IN CONCERT

Genesis

Tarcisio Moura
1 stars Oh, Yeah, I do remember this one. And Iīd rather not see it again. It was just a way a local recording company found to cash in when Genesis played in Brazil in 1977. Although the name In Concert suggests a live recoding (fueled by the sub title īBest Moments Of The Brazillian 77 Tour`) it actually a compilation of sorts, and it contains studio tracks only, in one of the most dishonest ways to fool record buyers into getting this turd.

The songs themselves are, of course, of very good quality, as was anything Genesis had released up to that point of their career, but the tracklist is a mixed bag putting together stuff from different times and line ups: two tunes from Selling England By The Pound (I Know What I Like, Dancing With the Moonlit Knight), one from Foxtrot (Can-Utility And The Coastliners), one from Trespass (Stagnation), one from Nursery Crime (Fountain Of Salmatics) and one from A Trick Of The Tale (Ripples). Hardly their best and I really donīt understand why they didnīt include The Carpet Crawlers (maybe Genesis most well known song by the brazilian audience at the time).

Iīm quite ashamed that such thing existed. It should be viewed as a curio only. Even the liner notes on the back cover has several mistakes and misinformations. I canīt recommend this album to anyone. Even the most hardcore completionist will find it useless. Itīs an embarrassment and should be avoided at all costs. Fortunalty it was not released in the CD format as far as I know and I surely hope it will never be.

Tarcisio Moura | 1/5 |