Pink Floyd - Meddle CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

5 stars The album where they finally finally put together their sound completely. They'd had a bit of their complete sound -- that ethereal psych groove jam, in the middle of Atom Heart Mother -- and possibly bits on their live and sound track albums. But Meedle was the beginning of the Pink Floyd sound we'd all grew to love. "One Of These Days" is one of their all time classics. A great album, and I think it was one of my first or second PFs since I'd heard "One Of These Days"at a laser show and loved it. Of course it took me years later to really dig "Echoes", which I consider one of their many masterpieces. (The middle of "Echoes" is still a little too wacked out with spaced out sounds not connected to a groove, but the front and back of "Echoes" are vintage PF)
akajazzman | 5/5 |