Jethro Tull - Songs From The Wood CD (album) cover

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

Evolver
Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
5 stars After the disappointing Too Old To Rock & Roll... (which I like much more now than I did back then), Jethro Tull rebounded with one of their best releases. With a bit more folky flavor added, and some stellar performances from the entire band, Songs From The Wood is one of the best albums in their long career.

The standout tracks on this one are Songs From The Wood and Hunting Girl. Both of these songs feature tight, complex arrangements, that show the talents of all of the band members. The rest of the album, while not quite at the level of those two songs, is all very enjoyable.

And by the way, my first Tull concert was a show on the tour for this album. It is still one of the best concerts I've ever seen.

4.5 stars, rounded up.