Camel - Camel CD (album) cover

5 stars Their Debut is one of my favorite Camel albums. I really don't understand why "Camel" is thought by many as inferior to their later three albums. I think it is at least up there with "Mirage", "The Snow Goose" and "Moonmadness", if not the best of the four. This debut was the first Camel album I had listened to and I enjoyed it so much I had trouble appreciating their later albums for a long time. Highlights are Peter Bardens' keyboards and - Andy Latimer's guitars. The songs are longer than avarage and contain extensive organ and guitar solos, both being genuine musical orgasm! The style is also very original. Camel was a little late on the scene, but they arrived with an surprisingly original output. Definitely a classic of symphonic prog!
Utukku | 5/5 |