Brian Eno - Another Green World  CD (album) cover

Brian Eno

Progressive Electronic

5 stars This is a complete masterpiece. Somewhat influenced by Can's great album "Future World", Eno constructs the sound and feel of a cleaner, better, greener world. And does it very successfully.

Simply Brian's best. Although there's some ambient qualities, this is still meant for active listening. I think it's the first Eno I got way back in the early 80s. Another Green World is a great title, since it sounds like a different place and time and possibly a different world. Except for Can's Future Days, there wasn't anything that sounded like it up to that point, and frankly nothing since it either. I used to put this on in graduate school to relax and escape to. So totally surreal and different, it would carry me away.

Its a real shame he entered into his ambient/wallpaper music world. Thats just not as nearly as compelling as this truly original and special album.

akajazzman | 5/5 |