Genesis - Trespass CD (album) cover

4 stars This was one of the last Genesis albums I bought. It was hard to get in those days. I enjoyed listening to it. This is the BH(Before Hackett) period. Anthony Phillips plays well, but not like Steve Hackett. Yes, I would have to say that Hackett's introduction later was essential to Genesis's sound.

Anyway, My favorite song was "Dusk," then "The Knife." I must say that I liked the studio version of "The Knife" better than the live version. It is so cool! "Dusk" is simply a beautiful and gentle piece of music by Anthony Phillips.

Again, there are no weak songs on this one. Not everybody may like them, but the album is worth getting at any rate. It is prog in development. It is the transition album for the super group, Genesis! I give it 4.25 stars, or 4 stars for progarchives.

Keetian | 4/5 |