Roger Waters - Radio K.A.O.S.  CD (album) cover

RADIO K.A.O.S.

Roger Waters

ZowieZiggy
2 stars When you listen to the opening track "Radio Waves", you are indeed brought back in these "glorious" eighties. Synthetic (plastic?), cold and repetitive music. John Foxx (Ultravox!) is not far away. But I prefer the later to this Waters affair. "Sunset Trip" is made of the same mould. Not too bad, but nothing special either.

Actually, I am not at all a fan of Roger's solo career. Nor the last leg of his Floyd trip ("The Wall" and the pitiful "Final Cut"). This one reminds me (at times) "The Wall" like the second track "Who Needs Information". And I am not very impressed to say the least. Same sort of comment applies to "The Powers That Be".

The feeling of boredom is definitely reached while your CD player will reach the third track: "Me Or Him" (I made up my choice here).The whole dark side of the man can be felt here. Monochord and inexpressive voice, monotonous music: in all quite a weak moment. Press next, I guess?

There are hardly great moments in here. KAOStic music, I'm afraid. Average, no more. The good and bombastically Floydean "Four Minutes" maybe?

Two stars.