Spring - Second Harvest CD (album) cover

SECOND HARVEST

Spring

Woon Deadn
2 stars I am wondered what happened as I'm - a newbie - must be almost the first to write upon the fabulous item. Whether the mature ones from here found it too insignificant or they simply haven't heard (of) it.

Long time, long 30+ years this work was not meant to exist. The typical talk was of a one-album band and that it's a Universal grief there's no more. It makes this album a fabulous one, no doubt.

For my taste it represents a collection of well-sounding songs without any real charm. The charm haunts here and there in the fragments - sometimes it sounds much alike to the Cirkus' One, especially. Plus there's an overall minor kinda minor charm. But it's so minor comparing to the first release. And after all, finding THE SAME bonus tracks as on the previous album means to me both a commercial trick of stretching the length and a somewhat intelligent failure... It's a pretty mediocrity. I wish this album had never been recorded. As it's been RELEASED - I see the guys need money. How can anyone blame an artist for that? On the other hand it gives us an advice to not to expect the permanent greatness of the great musicians...

Woon Deadn | 2/5 |