Fates Warning - The Spectre Within CD (album) cover

Fates Warning

4 stars There are 4 songs on this album that I think are brilliant. Orphan Gypsy, Without A Trace, The Apparition, Kyrie Eleyson. There are some Maiden-like tunes in Without A Trace and The Apparition however most of this album sounds a bit like early Queensryche. I also really like that monumental opener Traveler In Time. I'd shorten final Epitaph but even in that shape it's not a bad thing. This album isn't a masterpiece and was something natural when it came out but you won't find prog metal album like that these days. So I'm giving it 4 stars. It's better than almost any Dream Theater album (maybe with exeption of Images And Words).
LSDisease | 4/5 |