Art Zoyd - Symphonie Pour Le Jour O¨ Brűleront Les CitÚs CD (album) cover

SYMPHONIE POUR LE JOUR O┘ BR█LERONT LES CIT╔S

Art Zoyd

RIO/Avant-Prog

4 stars One of their best in my opinion. The album is soaked with chaos from beginning to end - Thierry Zeboitzeff's vocals are magnificent - so honest, so well performed. The arrangements are also very clever, especially the violin/viola/trumpet. Lots of motives are semingly simple but are very complex if you listen very carefully, especially by aspects of arrangement.

The dynamics are utterly unique - Barely do I remember any bands with such dynamic range and creativity - and these are amplified by an extraordinary production which is one of Art Zoyd's trademarks. This album took a long time till I really gave myself unto it, but now it's one of my favorite zeuhl/musique nouvelle efforts. Definitely one of their 3 best although I would start with Phase IV.

| 4/5 |