Riverside - Second Life Syndrome CD (album) cover

4 stars dum-dudu-dum-dudum-dum,dudummmm...

I'm loving the sound coming from RIVERSIDE, and with "Second Life Syndrome" they show us what they are all about.

Dark, moody, rhythmic, melodic, energetic, great vocals - everything is here.

I love Duda's work on the bass.

We know that these musicians love to 'dance' with those rhythmic motifs pouring out of their amps (if you've listened to any of their album's you'll know EXACTLY what I'm talking about). We love them for their signature sound and will continue to do so in the years to come.

"After" and "Before" are ominous, beautiful tracks. "Volte-face" is a personal favourite of mine. The title track is great, but could have benefited from some more contrast, perhaps adding a few more melodic ideas, since it is quite long.

The album builds to an incredible climax, culminating in "Reality dream III" and "Dance with the Shadows"

Top album! A must have for prog-metal lovers!

4.2 stars!