Various Artists (Concept albums & Themed compilations) - Odyssey - The Greatest Tale CD (album) cover

ODYSSEY - THE GREATEST TALE

Various Artists (Concept albums & Themed compilations)

Various Genres

The Truth
5 stars Absolutely stunning (and huge) concept album!

It was a fantastic idea to combine all of these bands together to make one large product that tells the story of The Odyssey and the idea is well finished with the music. Prog rock at it's absolute best is how I describe this album, each track shows how different the bands are and yet they all come together so well! Of the 9 bands, I had only know Glass Hammer and Simon Says (which I will immeadiately point out are the best two songs) and they perform extremely well.

I know this is asking A LOT but at some point you need to just sit down and listen to the album as a whole. That is asking a ton, it's more than 3 hours of music but it really gives you the full experience.

Hard to describe the monstrousity, but I did my best... Go ahead and give it a try!

(First review in a LOOONG time, appreciate any feedback)

The Truth | 5/5 |