Amon Düül II - Only Human CD (album) cover

Amon Düül II

3 stars AMON DÜÜL 2 has always had this strange style: bizarre, not really catchy, very German light prog compositions. They do good music, but what is amazing is that I do not find them catchy and accessible at all, despite I can feel in their compositions the many tries to be pop and catchy. Compared to the 2 other older records of them I own, the keyboards and sound here are more modern: it gives you the feeling of a more pop album, maybe. They still remain very German and marginal. The are some violin, piano and sax parts. The songs are loaded, and the instruments are well played, but there are many bits that do not retain my attention. But some bits are interesting, especially on side 2.
greenback | 3/5 |