Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

5 stars The overall thing is not the best for me, but Shine on you crazy diamond, in all their parts, makes this album a five stars one. I think that with Wish you were here, Waters started to conduct Pink Floyd to his solo project. I can see that in the tracks Welcome to the machine and Have a cigar, both two composed by him. Those tracks have a weakness side on their music. Good songs but no more than this. Shine on you? is really different, just a masterpiece of progressive rock, in which Gilmour and Wright were participated too in the songwritting. The keyboard solos by Wright are more than originals, they are simple but transmits a great feeling, and fits well with the rest instrumentals parts. These instrumentals mute from great guitar solos to a combined job with all the instruments, with a really progressive feeling. The final solo is once more unique, in terms of the originality. Gilmour said once that it seems a funeral march. If is that, maybe is the best one I ever heard. The tittle song is another good one, composed by Waters and Gilmour. For me this song shines much more in the live performances, specially in the The Delicate sound of the Thunder album.
genbanks | 5/5 |