Pain Of Salvation - Remedy Lane CD (album) cover

Pain Of Salvation

4 stars If you liked The Perfect Element Part I and are looking for a more complete, improved album with the same style, Remedy Lane is your new best friend.

It's depressing, angry, yet beautiful, the latter of which I couldn't say for TPE1. There's still strange uses of rap and jazz from time to time, and it still holds that nu-metal feel to it, but it's been toned down just enough to balance itself to near-perfection. Because of this, the only "problem" I can complain about is that it's still not for everyone, but come on, what is?

This is a must-have for any fan of TPE1 and still a great addition to any newcomers to the band. I can't call it essential because of it's strange structures, but those structures are blended so well here that it's hard not to appreciate.

CinemaZebra | 4/5 |