Pink Floyd - Animals CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

2 stars To me this album was a disappointment.

The first song is a straight ahead strummer. I am glad they decided not to make it 10 to 15 minutes long like they did the majority of the CD.

"Dogs" starts off well, but after about 10 minutes I am wondering when it is going to end. It is just far too long for the limited amount of musical thoughts being presented.

"Pigs" Sounds like "Have a cigar's" big brother. It has some good moments, but again it seems to be too long for what little they do.

I liked "sheep" better than the rest, but I keep hearing a lot of things on this and the other tunes that I have heard them do on other albums. I didn't think this one was that original. I thought the band could have done much better here than they did. The album is really on the mediocre side to me. I can only give it 2 stars, due to LACK OF CONTENT. I know for certain that I have never listened to it more than 7 times. I have never enjoyed this album and I am a fan of theirs.

Keetian | 2/5 |