Royal Hunt - X CD (album) cover

X

Royal Hunt

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars There is a lot with what I can agree in previous review. However, we differ in opinion how this works in general. Maybe it's because I'm less critic then Slava is, maybe I like Prog Metal more. And from what I heard from bands in this genre, I think that this album maybe has Power Metal elements, but isn't merely Power, which sometimes stands for me as "simplified" Metal (when compared to Prog Metal).

Indeed, there is strong melodic element, in fact it's almost based solely on melodicity and guitar / keyboards solos. Atmosphere is also promising and that also counts. Songs flows easily without single stumbling, as far as I hear, nothing sounds weird. And believe me, the more I dug deep into Prog, the more I lost ability to listen some "normal" Metal groups, like Avantasia (oh maybe I've never been able to listen them). There is no such bad feeling.

Even Back to Square One doesn't fit me in whole composition at all but later on the move to what they master well, melodic Metal on the verge of Prog & Power.

4(-), of course, it could have been better, but also, therefore I would have rate higher.

Marty McFly | 4/5 |