T - Naive CD (album) cover

4 stars SCYTHE's vocalist and guitar player Thomas Thielen have released a solo album with the title "nave" under the artist name "t". Thomas has written all the music and lyrics, he performs all the instruments and vocals by himself, and he has also produced, arranged, recorded and mixed the entire album. The music is a mix between Steve Hogart-era MARILLIN, NO-MAN, PINK FLOYD and RADIOHEAD. Some songs could've been taken from a SCYTHE album but the most of them are too experimental for that band. I would call it ambient, experimental, psychedelic neo-progressive rock, often with extensive, monotonous and repetitive themes. I have really tried to like this album and listened to it a lot, and the album isn't bad at all, but I have to say that I rather prefer SCYTHE's music before t's solo stuff.
Greger | 4/5 |