Edensong - The Fruit Fallen CD (album) cover

THE FRUIT FALLEN

Edensong

Menswear
3 stars The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I really wished that Edensong would bring me a new perspective, a breath of fresh oxygen, but once again, the fruit is not falling far from the traditional new-school-of-prog.

Okay, a nice concept based on religious matter with okay lyrics, but it's just that the music never got my total attention. Here and there, crunchy guitars and violin, but I really wanted something more organic, with vintage keys and more flute. Seems to me that this concept could've used more digging, more intensity. This type of subject is well carved for mellotron and symphonic grandeur, too bad is sounds a bit skinny for me.

I felt this band is more on the verge of neo-prog like Believe, Unitopia or Knight Area; you know, a lot to say but we hoped for different stuff.

Not super-convincing but professional and applied.

Menswear | 3/5 |