Nightingale - The Closing Chronicles CD (album) cover

THE CLOSING CHRONICLES

Nightingale

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars At first I thought that there's something bad with my hearing. And even more with my genre distinction, because I simply hear Neo Prog in this music. OK, they stopped being goth and combinet Neo with Prog Metal and I say: Why not, if it's possible (album is out for many years, it works), then it's alright. And this fact again shows how thin can be line between certain genres.

Tracks are melodic, after all, this album I know because of recommendation I was given in proper thread on forums (and I'm so keen on suggestions that I go first check my collection if I already has this album or not - I'm still not so good to remember them all). Two man band (I suppose they don't go touring.

Except borderline cases of PM / Neo (more on Neo side), there is something like Rock song (however with keyboards flavour) Steal the Moon which is short, but serves its purpose. However Intermezzo is disappointment. Purely narrative tracks without anything musical to offer. If it's intro, it's 1)quite long one 2)not so good one. And Alive Again is better again.

4(-), let's just overlook it's classified as Prog Metal, OK ? For Prog's sake.

EDIT July 2010 - not that bad, added + 0.5.

Marty McFly | 4/5 |