Arena - Contagious (EP) CD (album) cover

CONTAGIOUS (EP)

Arena

Flucktrot
2 stars To their credit, Arena realized that they didn't have enough top material to justify a double album (or at least someone involved in Contagion's production did), and that serves to strengthen the central album.

However, that makes the companion pieces less essential, although if I had to rank order, I would place Contagious over Contagium, mostly due to the two instrumentals, Vanishing Act and Contagious. The former is an upbeat rocker that visits the central theme just a bit too much, and that latter has that standard Arena plodding rhythm but is enjoyable for its atmospherics and an absolutely blistering solo from Mitchell.

I usually include the instrumentals in my Contagion playlist, so I suppose that makes this worth obtaining, but certainly only if you are craving more Contagion-style material.

Flucktrot | 2/5 |