Queensr˙che - Q2K CD (album) cover

Q2K

Queensr˙che

AtomicCrimsonRush
Symphonic Team
1 stars Worst Queensryche album ever!

Nothing on this can be compared to the greatness of "Operation:Mindcrime" 1 or 2 versions or "Empire" or "Tribe" for that matter. It is difficult to know what went wrong but something definitely did as this is some of the most uninspired tripe the band have churned out. The misdirection of the music is astounding coming from the creators of brilliance such as "Mindcrime" but this is a detestable album that should be flushed down the nearest sewer, and even then the stench would hang around for a few days.

Songs?

When the Rain Comes... is dreary and uninspired nonsense. Pretty boys on video type music. Duran Duran did better.

How Could I? well, exactly... how could they write such inane lyrics. I can't stand this type of rubbish from a so-called metal act.

Beside You is another lovey dovey ballad and at this point I am ready to throw the CD out the window.

Breakdown describes how I felt when I heard this.

Wot Kinda Man is the absolute pits and it is even spelt wrogn to be cleaver but instead comes across as idiotic. this is as low as the band can get.

If you don't believe me then ask yourself why has this album been utterly ignored by the band ever since, nothing on it played live? Why do fans pretend this never existed? and why was there no serious promotion for this album?

It sounds like a different band. Take it as you will but this horrible mess will likely become a very expensive, shiny gold coffee coaster.

AtomicCrimsonRush | 1/5 |