Holy Lamb - Beneath The Skin (A Transgressive Rock Tale) CD (album) cover

BENEATH THE SKIN (A TRANSGRESSIVE ROCK TALE)

Holy Lamb

Marcelo
5 stars Highly recommended album from Latvia. I rate it 5 stars altough I recognize it isn't an absolutely perfect masterpiece (it's very, very close) but, since I 've got this album, I heard it again and again, growing in me each time.

The feeling is generally dark-symphonic, with solemn organ, magnificent piano and guitars and even gothic chorus sometimes, but melodies are very clear and beautiful at the same time.

I find reminiscences from bands like VDGG (and the contemporary VDGG influenced VERSUS X), a little bit from KING CRIMSON and many influences from the nostalgic Scandinavian bands (ANGLAGARD or SINKADUS). But despite these obscure references, it isn't an album difficult to listen to, being each track a little symphonic prog gem itself.

Almost 60 minutes with dark and -paradoxically- very luminous music. Really enjoyable, don't miss it.

Marcelo | 5/5 |