BENEATH THE SKIN (A TRANSGRESSIVE ROCK TALE)

Holy Lamb

Holy Lamb Beneath The Skin (A Transgressive Rock Tale) album cover

Buy HOLY LAMB Music
Studio Album, released in 2002

1. Psychovertureture - In The Beginning (1:33)
2. The Plan That Failed * (8:32)
3. Makhtartam & The Low Brotherhood - Parts 1 - 3 (5:40)
i) The New Order ii) Get - Together iii) Our Power Supreme
4. The Conquest (8:19)
5. 'Audiodurg' (5:29)
6. Stars Fell On Fertile Lands ** (3:38)
7. Wear It In The Morning (7:53)
8. Beneath The Skin (Part 1 - i) Get Going!) (1:12)
9. The Meeting Of The Majorminors (5:53)
10. Beneath The Skin (Parts 2 & 3 - ii) Arrival & Panic iii) Peace) (5:32)
11. The End - Headturn's Release (5:36)

All music and arrangements by HOLY LAMB, except multiple vocal parts on * written and arranged by Valdis Indrisonoks and flute part on ** written by Ieva Pudane, arranged by Aigars Cervinskis & Ieva Pudane.

Search HOLY LAMB Beneath The Skin (A Transgressive Rock Tale) lyrics

Search HOLY LAMB Beneath The Skin (A Transgressive Rock Tale) tabs

- Aigars Cervinskis / electric and acoustic guitars, vocals, whistle, one note on a keyboard
- Juris Rats / keyboards, vocals
- Uldis Elerts / electric and acoustic guitars, vocals
- Ugis Zemitis / bass, vocals
- Mikus Rullis / drums, percussion, tubular bells, vocals

Guest artist:
- Ieva Pudane / flute on "Stars Fell on Fertile Lands"
Guest singers (in order of appearance):
- Valdis Indrisonoks, Romans Pavlovs, Arturs Tiesnieks, Orests Silabriedis & Andris Smaukstelis

Periferic Records, BGCD 112

HOLY LAMB MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HOLY LAMB Beneath The Skin (A Transgressive Rock Tale) Music

Beneath The SkinBeneath The Skin
Periferic Records
Salt of the EarthSalt of the Earth
Dark Matter Distribution 2006
Audio CD$13.99 (used)

More places to buy HOLY LAMB music online Buy HOLY LAMB & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HOLY LAMB DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HOLY LAMB Beneath The Skin (A Transgressive Rock Tale) ratings distribution

HOLY LAMB Beneath The Skin (A Transgressive Rock Tale) reviews

Review by Marcelo
5 stars Highly recommended album from Latvia. I rate it 5 stars altough I recognize it isn't an absolutely perfect masterpiece (it's very, very close) but, since I 've got this album, I heard it again and again, growing in me each time.

The feeling is generally dark-symphonic, with solemn organ, magnificent piano and guitars and even gothic chorus sometimes, but melodies are very clear and beautiful at the same time.

I find reminiscences from bands like VDGG (and the contemporary VDGG influenced VERSUS X), a little bit from KING CRIMSON and many influences from the nostalgic Scandinavian bands (ANGLAGARD or SINKADUS). But despite these obscure references, it isn't an album difficult to listen to, being each track a little symphonic prog gem itself.

Almost 60 minutes with dark and -paradoxically- very luminous music. Really enjoyable, don't miss it.

Send comments to Marcelo (BETA) | Report this review (#28574) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 22, 2004

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
4 stars I have to confess to not knowing many Latvian prog bands (okay, I don't know any) prior to receiving this album, but I see from their interesting web site (www.holylamb.lv) that they have previously released an album on the Italian Mellow Records. This is a concept based on the story of God creating the earth and sending rulers for each kingdom, and the struggle for the kingdom of music. It is a shame that there wasn't room to print the story in the booklet as it is interesting and certainly adds to the album, but at least the link to it is printed and the album also contains all of the lyrics as well as details as to which character is singing.

It is a hugely impressive album from start to finish, with more than enough on here to interest the proghead. It is an album that is very cinematic in concept and in some ways it has more in common with shows such as Jesus Christ Superstar than to many other prog albums. I found that right from the beginning I was very involved in the music as it is highly complex, bringing in not only different keyboard sounds but also moving from pop into complicated hard rock.

Different vocalists have been used to assist in the telling of the story and this all adds to the theatricality of the album as a whole. Gentle flute and harp lend some passages a gentle tranquillity that is certainly missing from other sections! This is by far the best album that I have heard from Periferic and one that I can heartily recommend to all lovers of prog.

Originally appeared in Feedback #73, Jun 03

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#978688) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 15, 2013

5 stars This is an excellent album, a real masterpiece from Latvia. I didn't know this prog rock group before. Fortunately I could buy their CD on very low price in my country, but after listening to this fantastic album I think it was a bargain. It was very cheap but the quality of music is very high. ... (read more)

Report this review (#68701) | Posted by | Tuesday, February 07, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Holy Lamb is one of the few progressive rock bands in Latvia. And we can say that Beneath The Skin is the greatest latvian prog-rock album. This album includes some very, very great musical moments. Good instrumentation and concept. Some songs are better then others but actually each track is ... (read more)

Report this review (#28575) | Posted by | Wednesday, September 22, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HOLY LAMB "Beneath The Skin (A Transgressive Rock Tale)"