Supertramp - Breakfast in America CD (album) cover

BREAKFAST IN AMERICA

Supertramp

arcane-beautiful
5 stars Ok, there's not much to say about this album. Except that it's a flawless masterpiece.

With a shaky start with Crime Of The Century, Breakfast In America was a move foward into their contemporary prog aspects.

With hit singles, classic Sumpertramp numbers, and their most sophisticated material to date, this is a must have.

Ricks voice sounds suprisingly okay, and Roger's is just, omg!!!

I never really got the artwork, but it is funny.

1. Gone Hollywood - What an intro. Rick's vocals ar actually really good. What an atompshere these guys build up with this song. What an amazing piece of music. 10/10

2. The Logical Song - One of the greatest songs ever made, in my opinion. Roger's vocals are just spellbinding. It's just so good. It plays in my head constantly. I also attempt that high note every day. I usually always get it, depends, I sometimes do it in the morning when I can barely speak. The first time I actually came into contact with this song, was the Scooter version, which I still like. 10/10

3. Goodbye Stranger - Ricks vocals are great again. Roger's falsetto is also amazing. A great composition. 9/10

4. Breakfast In America - Incredibly catchy. Amazing vocals. Just flawless. I don't really like the Gym Class Hero's version, but one does really. 10/10

5. Oh Darling - Nice and laidback. Almost ballad like. Great composition. 9/10

6. Take The Long Way Home - Very cathcy. I never really liked the harmonica as instrument, but it's okay in this song. Amazing vocals, as always. 9/10

7. Lord Is It Mine - Lovely ballad. Rogers vocals really show a lot of emotion. The clarinet and piano work is also really beautiful. 9/10

8. Just Another Nervous Wreck - Has a very Elton John vibe. Great song. Rick's vocals are great in this song. Loving all the organ work. 9/10

9. Casual Conversations - Nice and laidback. Great discourse between vocals and saxophone. 8/10

10. Child Of Vision - Classic prog at it's best really. Amazing vocals and phenomanal instrumental work. 10/10

CONCLUSION: Their best I believe. I have to hear more, but this really is amazing, and if it's their best, then they are as cunning as they

arcane-beautiful | 5/5 |