Satellite - Evening Dreams CD (album) cover

3 stars Ok that's another product regarding the Neo-Prog scene in Poland, always present- especially after so many concerts performed by Collage (the root of Satellite)- and We are talkin' about nothing new I should say, in comparison to the recent productions in the UK signed up by Pendragon and IQ a long time before Satellite...nevertheless, despite of their low budget, the audio and video quality and a good impact live on stage as well, sometimes let me change idea about this Polish ensemble...of course it's not for the cheesy lyrics and the simplistic approach that I'd like to give you a piece of advice about "Evening Dreams", but it's only as I remark- above all- some good instrumental parts (sometimes reminding me of an old Swiss band called Deyss, with their guitar soloings well supported by the keyboards) and even the good skill regarding the drummer, for which the present DVD is worth checking out at least.

The track "Evening Games" perhaps is the best episode, even though the song is too long and the use of Mellotron sometimes is able to disturb me just a little bit (moreover, always regarding the approach of this band in search of some typical bombastic solos- it's a sort of emulation of the seventies- "filtered" by means of the Neo Prog experience of the early eighties in the UK, a bit tiring nowadays...).

In any case the output live of their stuff is much more interesting here than in their usual performances at the Recording Studios..this is my opinion naturally and at the end your "music tastes" could be different from mine!

So make your own choice as usual, but for me the present product is quite essential within a personal Collection of Neo Prog the average.

lor68 | 3/5 |