Klaus Schulze - Timewind CD (album) cover

TIMEWIND

Klaus Schulze

Progressive Electronic

Dobermensch
5 stars 'Timewind' is like a floatier and lighter 'Rubycon', which in no way belittles it. Pure analogue synths at their best. I still can't find out anywhere which of these two artists developed the electronic arpeggiator first, and that REALLY annoys me. There's only two (very long) tracks on this album. So long I don't know how they fitted on to a vinyl record in 1975. This is music made for cd on which it benefits enormously. Definitely not one for crackly old vinyl!

'Bayreuth Return' appears first and is just about as good as it gets. Any fan of 'Berlin School' electronics should own this, although I'm sure they already do. Incredibly, this was recorded two track!

'Wahnfried 1883' on side two is an altogether more serene affair. Definitely midnight music.

A beautiful album - and the best thing Klaus Schulze ever released.

Oh, and the cover painting by Urs Amann fits the sound of the music perfectly. So this is one instance where you CAN judge a book by it's cover.

Dobermensch | 5/5 |