Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage, Act I CD (album) cover

Frank Zappa

5 stars Haha, wow was my first impression of this entire epic concept album (with acts ii and iii as well) but for now i will just do the first act... i did enjoy this one more than the second disk, the songs were just a lot more in-your-face and it was just overall more concise than the second disc, songs like CATHOLIC GIRLS and WHY DOES IT HURT WHEN I PEE are just about the funniest songs ive ever heard while LUCILLE HAS MESSED MY MIND UP really tuggs on heartstrings and has actuall emotion. The concept is is a thing of the past, banned by many and loved by oh so very few as we follow our hero 'Joe' through possibly the biggest journey ive ever heard (if they made this into a movie id watch it over and over) the concept is soo strong, and you can actually picture a feature film based around these songs in some way, and this is just the first act, fantastic;

Central Scrutinizer - 7/10 Joe's Garage - 9/10 Catholic Girls - 10/10 Crew Slut - 9/10 Wet T-Shirt Night - 9/10 Toad O Line - 9/10 Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? - 10/10 Lucille Has Messed My Mind Up - 10/10

MY CONCLUSION? the first act of this concept is splendid, now on to acts 2 and 3..

FarBeyondProg | 5/5 |