La Maschera Di Cera - Petali di fuoco CD (album) cover

La Maschera Di Cera

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
3 stars It's difficult to proceed, when you don't know what to say. But you know that sooner or later, you would like to see this album reviewed, for example when you see some kind of duty multiplied by fun in it.

So it's good, that's what it is for sure. It's also hard to describe (at least for me, amateur RPI listener), but I suppose you figured that out by now.

Adventurous, boldly exploring vast region of variations, combinations of how to make interesting music, holding not so tight to RPI genre (crossing to others as well, but after all, nothing is certain, or "pure" these days, genres are influencing each other). Flute is the dominating instrument here and I'm glad, it's gentle and soft element it brings.

Bringing new sounds too, like the middle of Phoenix - heavy keyboards 'n' guitar and few others, but mostly faithful to the genre's philosophy.

3(+) - but there is big BUT. This album doesn't work for me from some reason. I can't feel with it and I've tried many times. Nothing. It's here, it's even the most loud example of "all ingredients are here", yet it doesn't work. Something bad I feel about it. Not sure why, but even I can't enjoy it, it's not a bad album. So 3 stars.

Marty McFly | 3/5 |