Threshold - Subsurface  CD (album) cover

SUBSURFACE

Threshold

arcane-beautiful
4 stars Being a bit of a fan of these guys a while, I had no actual albums of theirs, so natuarly I had to get one (well my brother did, I forget about them as usual), so I decided to get this one.

These guys are ugly as hell, if you look at them, but their is a rule with British bands, the uglier they are, the better their music is (look at Darwins Radio).

This album suprised me, as it turned out better than I thought. I do feel that the 2nd half of the album is nothing compared to the first half, mainly the first 3 songs.

This is Progressive Metal at it's best really. And it is very rare to see an English progressive metal band (and I mean real progressive metal, not extreme metal with a jazzy twist).

1. Mission Control - What an opener. Fantastic chorus and amazing vocals from Mac. Just overall one heck of a song. 10/10

2. Ground Control - As usual, a great chorus and some flawless instrumental work. 10/10

3. Opium - One of my favourite songs on the album. Love the beauty of the piano intro. This song does have some quite werid and wonderful twists and turns. 10/10

4. Stop Dead - A nice soothing Threshold ballad. 8/10

5. The Art Of Reason - Love the anger of Macs vocals. This song is a wonderfull porgressive metal epic. 10/10

6. Pressure - I wouldn't have picked this as the "single", but meh, I can't win em all. 9/10

7. Flags & Footprints - Another ballad, but with quite a dark twist. 9/10

8. Static - I would have chose this as the single, becasue it is quite short and has a catchier chorus. 10/10

9. The Destruction Of Words - A great epic end to the album. 9/10

CONCLUSION: If you haven't heard of these guys, I strongly advise you check them out. Their signature sound is to die for.

arcane-beautiful | 4/5 |