Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson - Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson CD (album) cover

YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON

Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson

Post Rock/Math rock

The Truth
5 stars Does it sound like a lot of other post rock albums? Yes it does.

Does it have enough difference from those albums to make it great? No it does not.

Is it still good? YES.

I find myself listening to this alot mainly because it's just decent post-rock. Nothing new really, just good old-fashioned (or post-fashioned) music. The atmosphere is the same as most post-rock albums, somber with a fleck of cynicism but something about it just makes me listen to it alot. It could be The band name (awesome name BTW) but I doubt it. Could be the song titles... Naw I've seen better. But what is it then?!

I still don't know. An element I cannot define lurks in this album, and I like it. It draws me to the album like a magnet attracts metal. Some things you just can't explain I guess.

EDIT:

After quite a few more listens (I can't stop listening) I still have not found a flaw in the album. If anything I've found more reasons to love it such as the fact that it sounds much more different than most post-rock contrary to what I thought. I love this album and the undefiniable element is still lurking in it. It deserves 5 stars, really it does.

The Truth | 5/5 |