YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON

Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson

Post Rock/Math rock

Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson album cover

Buy YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON Music

1. out door handles stopped moving years ago
2. the league will never let the albino kid win
3. I think E.T. is involved in my family
4. scientists now think this city is overdue

Search YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson lyrics

Search YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson tabs

In the exclusive first edition, the book comes in four different colors: Red, green, white and grey.

2 x CD: How Is Annie Records, Norway

Thanks to snobb for the addition
and to snobb for the last updates

YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson Music

More places to buy YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON music online Buy YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson ratings distribution

YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson reviews

Review by The Truth
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
5 stars Does it sound like a lot of other post rock albums? Yes it does.

Does it have enough difference from those albums to make it great? No it does not.

Is it still good? YES.

I find myself listening to this alot mainly because it's just decent post-rock. Nothing new really, just good old-fashioned (or post-fashioned) music. The atmosphere is the same as most post-rock albums, somber with a fleck of cynicism but something about it just makes me listen to it alot. It could be The band name (awesome name BTW) but I doubt it. Could be the song titles... Naw I've seen better. But what is it then?!

I still don't know. An element I cannot define lurks in this album, and I like it. It draws me to the album like a magnet attracts metal. Some things you just can't explain I guess.

EDIT:

After quite a few more listens (I can't stop listening) I still have not found a flaw in the album. If anything I've found more reasons to love it such as the fact that it sounds much more different than most post-rock contrary to what I thought. I love this album and the undefiniable element is still lurking in it. It deserves 5 stars, really it does.

Send comments to The Truth (BETA) | Report this review (#292328) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Review by Sheavy
COLLABORATOR Progressive Electronic Team
4 stars (Review requested by Horizons)

YPOFH is Post rock band from Norway, the only Post rock band from this country that I know of besides Ulver.

I had some pretty high hopes going into this album, but unfortunately, I am kind of let down overall. It never reaches out and makes you take notice, it stays firmly within the realm of most all other Post rock bands without doing anything new.

That is not why I do not really care for this album though. First thing is the vocals. They tend to vary in how good they are throughout the album. Some songs, like He Can't Be Dead, I got His Autograph, have great vocals, and overall it is a really good song, and my favorite off this album. Other times there are one too many moments in songs where the singing sounds almost terrible, like towards the end of Let's Rent Bikes From 1982. Another problem I find is the use of some found sound clips. There is an art to using sound clips, and some bands, like Gybe, know how to use them to their full extent and create a masterpiece. Other bands do not seem to be able to incorporate them into the music in a way that it feels unobtrusive, and the one that sticks out the most for me is The League Will Never Let The Albino Kid Win, which is my least favorite out of all the songs here mainly because of the bad use of sound clips, and it has got some pretty bad vocals on top of that.

Now, this is not to say that this is a bad album, no no, it has many great points in it too, one of the best plusses is the good use of what I think is a violin or some similar sounding instrument. There are multiple times during the album where, there is a nice lull moment and the violin comes moaning and groaning in its soft way. The songs are also (with the exception of some) very good, with a abundance of what makes me love Post rock/metal so much, and that is the ambience. There are some really wonderful moments here, the best song of the album for me being the mostly instrumental song, I Think E.T. Is Involved In My Family. It has the violin making its despairing and sadning noise, while some laid back drums swirl around, accompanied by some equally despairing guitar, before occasionally gaining some punch, and going into a almost metal like riff, with pounding drums, yet still sounding distinctly post rock.

A good album with some glaring flaws, but there is enough good for me to round this froma 3 to a 4. Fans of Post rock should give this a try.

Send comments to Sheavy (BETA) | Report this review (#532619) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, September 25, 2011

2 stars I've been dabbling into post-rock a little bit more lately and I came across this band. I've been a fan of post-rock for a while but just now decided to venture into some of the more obscure stuff. My initial thoughts on these guys: interesting name, and their songs have interesting titles rea ... (read more)

Report this review (#551459) | Posted by DisgruntledPorcupine | Sunday, October 16, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON "Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson"