Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson - Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson CD (album) cover

YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON

Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson

Post Rock/Math rock

DisgruntledPorcupine
2 stars I've been dabbling into post-rock a little bit more lately and I came across this band. I've been a fan of post-rock for a while but just now decided to venture into some of the more obscure stuff. My initial thoughts on these guys: interesting name, and their songs have interesting titles really. They gave me a chuckle in a few places, so I thought I'd try out this album here. I was quite disappointed.

Now this album is not completely bad, it does have some decent, relaxing music like all post- rock bands. But this album does fail pretty miserably at being distinguishable from other post- rock. If you've been exploring post-rock for some time, this album really doesn't offer anything new and it is quite disappointing I find. It has some enjoyable moments, but at other times borders on being just plain banal. I felt like I've heard this millions of times just on my first listen.

However, if you're just starting in post-rock, I'll admit this could be a good first look at the genre. It gives you the feel of what the genres all about. However if you've already heard a fair amount of post-rock, this album is just more of the same of what you'd heard. So really, it's hard to go beyond all this. This album is really what the 2 star rating was made for.

DisgruntledPorcupine | 2/5 |