Return To Forever - Where Have I Known You Before CD (album) cover

Return To Forever

4 stars Jazz-Rock fusion album. Here performs a great band led by the virtuoso keyboardist Chick Corea (ex-member of Miles Davis band). People like Al DiMeola, Stanley Clarke and Lenny White also count amongst the best jazz musicians. The record mostly consists of gorgeous jazz-rock tunes, divided by romantic piano interludes (the Where Have I ... You Before tracks). The only truly prog-rock track here should be Song To The Pharaoh Kings, a pompous synthesizer driven track. This album is great, but I think it is more appealing for jazz-rock fans than for plain prog-rock fans... but everybody has their own taste.
| 4/5 |