Coheed And Cambria - Year of the Black Rainbow CD (album) cover

YEAR OF THE BLACK RAINBOW

Coheed And Cambria

snobb
2 stars Have you ever heard about The Mars Volta? Have you ever listen to their music? Did you find it's interesting in places but too chaotic, complex, psychedelic, noisy, vocals are not what you can accept, etc.?

Great news for you! There are the sweet simplified TMV version - Coheed & Cambria! They can play some simple and accessible scratchy guitars, they have not very pleasant, but at least "more normal" vocals, they have so nice and pretty melodies, and - they are sooo accessible!

From now you can be cool without destroying of your minds and nerve system: the good decisions are always near you! Ok, sound is flat, songs sound more as parodies, than real ones, musicianship level is similar to your college band's. And what? Who told only complex and professional music could be named as prog?

I am too old-fashioned, so I hear too many funny things in C & C music, kind of street rebels with make up, playing Kiss-met-Green Day,etc. Anyway, don't think they have any relations to classic prog rock. Possibly they are "prog for the simple people" related. Why not - we have Kate Bush version adapted to that category (Tori Amos).

Whenever I am not a fan and no expert in such new-fashioned genres, the only thing I can tell to classic prog fans: avoid this album, no relation with classic prog at all!

snobb | 2/5 |