Deep Purple - Deepest Purple - The Very Best Of Deep Purple CD (album) cover

Deep Purple

2 stars Oh my holy squirrel.... This one brings the childhood memories back. I was deeply fascinated by this cassette when it was released. But that was from afar. My mother put down a veto against me buying it. I spotted it here in ProgArchives again. My mother being 1000 km away, I took the chance and bought it on Ebay......... but don't tell my mother.

This compilation album contains some of the best Deep Purple did between 1970ish and 1975. It is one of the many greatest hits compilations issued to cash in on their name. I prefer the studio albums and in particular In Rock to compilation albums. You get both Ian Gillan and David Coverdale on this album. The inclusion of Fireball and Woman From Tokyo is dubious to say at least. Demon's Eye too is an album filler. But in short, this album is a waste of time and money. Get the good live albums instead if you want greatest hits by this band. Nuff said.

2 stars